a delicious leavened and fried dough that is easy to customize
A single dough for endless savory pancake recipes, perfect for every occasion and every food need. Here’s how to prepare them!
There are not many recipes that lend themselves to so many variations practically without the slightest effort. That’s why you should write down that of savory pancakes, prepared with a leavened dough similar to that of Neapolitan grown dough zeppole.
In their basic version they are obtained with a normal dough made from flour, water, yeast and salt, very similar to that of pizza. However, they can be enriched with various ingredients: from the more traditional dried seaweed to vegetables, tuna, cheese and cured meats. In short, a minimum of imagination will be enough to make these savory pancakes different every time.
How to prepare savory pancakes recipe
The preparation is quite simple and the dough can be obtained by hand, without using a planetary mixer.
- To prepare the raised dough pancakes, start by melting the yeast nell’water.
- Then merge the farinamixing first with a fork then by hand.
- Add the sale, so that it does not come into direct contact with the yeast, and finish kneading. The result will not be a firm dough, but rather a soft one.
- Cover it with cling film and leave it bump up until it has doubled in volume. Depending on the temperature it will take 1 or 2 hours.
- When the dough is well swollen, heat it in a large-sided pan seed oil, bringing it to 170°C of temperature.
- With the help of two spoons, take small portions of dough and drop them into the boiling oil. Be careful not to overdo the quantity or you will get a raw pancake inside.
- Once they will be uniformly goldenyou can drain the pancakes with a slotted spoon and pass them on blotting paper.
- Eat them hot, freshly made, flavoring them to taste with a pinch of sale.
5 variations of savory pancakes
Each ingredient is suitable for enriching our savory donuts. Give free rein to your imagination, let yourself be guided by taste or be inspired by leftovers from the fridge.
• With tuna. Add a well-drained tin of tuna and sliced olives to the mixture for savory fish fritters.
• With cured meats. Better if cut into cubes, cured meats and cold cuts can be added to the dough as desired immediately after leavening.
• With seaweed. Seaweed pancakes are a perfect treat for vegans and are made by adding nori seaweed flakes to the dough.
• With cheeses. Opt for very firm pasta filata varieties such as provola, scamorza or galbanino and add them to the dough after it has risen.
• With vegetables. Choose your favorite vegetables and if necessary sauté them in the pan, adding them to the dough after it has risen.
Looking for other ideas for your pancakes? Try our potato pancakes!
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#delicious #leavened #fried #dough #easy #customize