an original and delicious recipe
The Japanese cotton cheesecake is an easy-to-make dessert, of Japanese origin and with a very particular consistency.
The Japanese cheesecake recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a soft and different dessert. Being able to describe it in words is difficult, but not impossible. From the first taste you will be amazed by almost frothy texture of this spreadable cheese-based dessert, but not only.
Be careful though, all the ingredients indicated must be used a room temperature! We suggest that you enjoy it plain, with the addition of a simple fruit sauce or with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Preparation of Japanese cheesecake
- First, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Let it cool down with the milk, then put it in a bowl and add the spreadable cheese. Mix well with a whisk or electric whisks at low speed, then add the egg yolks and 100 grams of sugar.
- Keep stirring until you get one homogeneous cream then add the sifted flour and cornstarch. Also add the vanilla essence and mix everything again.
- Temporarily keep the cream aside, now whip the egg whites until stiff with the rest of the sugar (50 grams) you have available. Add the whipped egg whites to the rest of the ingredients, mix gently from bottom to top so as not to disassemble the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture thus obtained into a cake pan with a diameter of 18-20 cm and lined with thick baking paper (it should go beyond the edges of the cake pan by 2-3 cm to be safe), level the surface with a spoon then place the pan in a pan large enough and with water so as to be able to cook the dessert a water bath.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180°C for 25 minutes, then lower the temperature to 160°C and continue cooking for another 25-30 minutes. At the end of cooking, turn off the oven, remove the pan from the bain-marie and put it back in the oven ajar to let it cool. Serve with powdered sugar or fresh fruit of your choice.
Cotton cake can be stored for 3-4 days from preparation in the refrigerator.
If you are looking for other oriental recipes, we cannot fail to recommend that of namelaka cream.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#original #delicious #recipe