bacon, cream and tomato for an excellent sauce
Few ingredients, fast cooking times: you have no excuse not to try Carillon pasta, a rustic and tasty first course.
What an unusual name for this dish… Penne alla Carillon is a quick and easy recipe to prepare, perfect to serve as a first course when you don’t know what to cook for dinner. If you are one of the visitors to the Ligurian Riviera, you probably know that Chime is a well-known restaurant in Paraggi and this is where the dish was born.
Simple and homemade ingredients well combined, in fact, they give life to a perfect recipe to be enjoyed with friends or family. The bacon gives flavor, while the creaminess is given by the cream, an ingredient often snubbed but perfect for making rustic and home-made dishes.
How to prepare the Carillon penne recipe
- First put a cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for the time indicated on the package.
- In the meantime, chop the shallot and brown it in a pan with a drizzle of oil. Then add the diced bacon and brown it too.
- Finally, add the tomato puree and concentrate, a pinch of salt and one of pepper and let it taste for a few minutes: it is not a sauce that requires long cooking times.
- Finally add the cream, mixing well and let it go for another couple of minutes.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it and toss it in the pan with the sauce, serving everything piping hot.
If you love these dishes, there’s one you should definitely try, pasta alla vecchia ditto.
The pens at the Carillon is kept in refrigerator for 2-3 days in an airtight container. You can heat it both in a pan and in the microwave before consuming it.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#bacon #cream #tomato #excellent #sauce