Borscht with Jerusalem artichoke – step by step recipe with photo
1. Boil the beets (I cook for several dishes at once), wash the rest of the vegetables, prepare.
2. Thoroughly brush Jerusalem artichoke with a vegetable-fruit brush to use with the skin, but you can peel it.
3. I cut off the “eyes” and store them in a bag with a zipper at the bottom of the refrigerator.
4. Grate, sprinkle with lemon juice.
5. Finely chop the paprika, onion. Carrots, coarsely grated beets.
6. We begin to fry carrots, onions in oil in a wok.
7. Pour paprika and Jerusalem artichoke. Let’s fry together.
8. Now pour in the beets.
9. Grate thick-skinned tomatoes and the skin will remain. Brown tomato thin-skinned, chopped it.
10. We transfer the tomato paste and tomato puree to the frying. You can use tomatoes in juice from a jar.
11. Here, after watching how the gypsies cook borscht on a fire in a cauldron, I decided to continue cooking my borscht right in the wok, it’s big for me. Pour in water.
12. Squeeze the garlic.
13. Cut greens (I have frozen dill).
14. Add spices, herbs, garlic.
15. Cook borscht under the lid until tender.
16. If required, add more water and lemon juice as desired.
17. Serve sprinkled with greens if desired.
18. I served with a baguette and onion jam. Confiture is convenient to prepare in the spring, when onion stocks deteriorate quickly.
19. We, as lovers of borscht, appreciated this option as well.
#Borscht #Jerusalem #artichoke #step #step #recipe #photo