Cold berry cheesecake recipe and the baked variant
The cheesecake with berries is a great classic of homemade desserts, easy to make and ideal for a delicious dessert.
Berry cheesecake is a truly sensational dessert that unites the acidity of the fruits to the sweetness of the cake filling, a truly formidable combination!
When it comes to this sweet, many open up possibility, and not only as regards the many ingredients with which we can go to fill the cake, but also as regards the methods of preparation. First of all the choice of ingredients (some use cream, some ricotta, some spreadable cheese or mascarpone), in second place as regards cooking.
The cake originally from New York, in fact, includes both an oven-cooked and a raw version: today we are going to make a no-bake Philadelphia cheesecake, quick to make, creamy at the right point and excellent for any occasion, but we will also see some suggestions for the variant al oven.
Let’s get started right away and see all the ingredients and preparation for cold berry cheesecake!
How to make Philadelphia cheesecake with berries
- Start from the base: melt the butter a water bath or in the microwave and in the meantime blend the biscuits. Mix the two ingredients and go to cover the base of a springform pan (covered with parchment paper) creating a disc of compact biscuits at least one centimeter high. Once done, leave rest in the fridge.
- Let’s move on to the filling. Soak the isinglass in cold water for at least 10 minutes. While you wait, whip the cream (take 4-5 tbsp) with electric beaters.
- In a second bowl put the spreadable cheese and the icing sugar and mix well with the electric whisk.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese without disassembling the first one.
- Drain and squeeze the gelatin well, then put it in a saucepan with the remaining liquid cream and let it melt over low heat.
- Add the liquid, left to cool and pour all the filling into the pan with the layer of biscuits.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for a long time, for at least 3 hours orif you have the possibility, even for about 6 hours: more will be cold, the better it will be!
- We just have to go to topping: cook the mixed fruits in a saucepan, keeping some aside), adding a teaspoon of lemon juice and the sugar. Caramelize the sauce, and once ready, leave it cool. Pour it on the surface of the cheesecake and garnish with fresh fruit.
Alternatively create the sauce right away after completing the steps of the cream, and add it inside the filling. Mix everything well and pour cream in the pan and then put it in the fridge. Once very cold, garnish the cake with fresh fruit or use the ones kept aside to make a second sauce to pour over the cheesecake.
Baked berry cheesecake: the variant
Tastes are tastes, and there are those who love cooked cheesecake. To make a variant with berries, here’s how! The base is prepared with the same ingredients as the topping. But you can (if you want) vary the ingredients for the filling and use:
- 200g in Philadelphia
- 200 g of cottage cheese
- 100 g of fresh cream
- 130 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 vanilla pod
Once all the ingredients have been mixed, all you have to do is bake the cake in the oven at 180°C for about 50 minutes and fill it with the fruit topping. How tasty!
We recommend keeping both cakes in the fridge, for maximum 2 daysbetter if under a special bell for sweets or inside a container with a lid.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#Cold #berry #cheesecake #recipe #baked #variant