delicious recipe and tasty variations
Savory cones with mortadella mousse are one of the easy and delicious recipes that will make your lunches and dinners full of flavour.
If you love quick and easy recipes and are looking for delicious appetizers, to prepare for the holidays or for a simple dinner with friends, you are in the right place. Today we offer you savory cones with mortadella mousse, a real treat that will make young and old happy. Simple, fast and with a great scenographic effect, the salted cannoli with mortadella mousse and chopped pistachios are delicious finger food to be enjoyed on any occasion. You just have to spend five minutes of your time reading this article and find out how to prepare them.
Preparing the recipe for savory cones with mortadella mousse
- Start by unrolling the puff pastry and placing it on a wooden cutting board in an upright position. Take a smooth pastry cutter and start cutting the puff pastry into 10 strips of the same size (possibly helping you with a line).
- At this point, roll up the strips thus obtained on the metal cones pinching the puff pastry tightly on the tip of the mold so that the cones do not get out of shape during cooking.
- Continue to wrap the pastry strip around the metal cone causing the flaps to fit together and mash gently. Brush the cones with a little milk.
- Place some parchment paper on a dripping pan and place your cones on it. Bake in a preheated oven (ventilated or static) a 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the foam. Blend the mortadella with the ricotta and a spoonful of whole milk and set aside.
- As soon as the puff pastry cones are cooked you can fill them with the mousse helping you with the sac a poche or, alternatively, with a teaspoon.
- Chop the pistachios and pour them on the surface of the salted cones. The scenographic effect will be ensured.
Delicious variations of savory cones with mortadella mousse: with mozzarella or Philadelphia
This appetizer is very versatile and lends itself to different types of preparation:
- The first variant is the one that provides for the replacement of ricotta with mozzarella. In this case it will be sufficient to garnish the cones with diced mozzarella and a little mortadella and put them back in the oven for a few seconds, just long enough for the mozzarella to melt.
- If instead prefer a more savory taste you can prepare parmesan cannoli with mortadella mousse. You will have to replace the puff pastry and make cannoli cooking on a low flame a couple of tablespoons of Parmesan. Remember to let them cool before garnishing them with the mortadella mousse.
- Finally, you can opt for savory cones with mortadella mousse and spreadable cheese such as the Philadelphia obtained replacing the ricotta with any other spreadable cheese. This way you will have the opportunity to choose the cheese filling or version that best suits your tastes and those of your guests.
Savory cones filled with mortadella mousse in frvanno preserved in the fridge for 2-3 days inside a closed glass container.
And if by chance you have an extra roll of puff pastry, try the savory puff pastry swivels!
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2022 – PC
#delicious #recipe #tasty #variations