easy baked recipe with puff pastry
A rustic and delicious second course, perfect to serve as a single dish for a family dinner: here is the recipe for meatloaf in a puff pastry crust!
The crusted meatloaf is a rustic meat dish and at the same time different from the usual: the particularity it’s all in the pastry crust that wraps the minced meat.
Did you notice? This recipe recalls another classic of the kitchen: fillet Wellington, a rich and renowned second course based on beef beef (Gordon Ramsey’s favorite). Today we offer you a sort of variant featuring the minced meat roll. Here’s the recipe!
How to make crusted meat loaf
- Start by placing the minced meat, grated cheese and bread in a large bowl softened in the milk, a pinch of salt, pepper, and the eggs. Mix all the ingredients well with your hands in order to obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Boil the spinach for 5 minutes in boiling salted water or cook it in a pan without the need for water. In both cases, drain them well so that we do not have excess water.
- Once cooked, chop them with a knife and set aside.
- Hang a sheet of parchment paper and spread the meat over it, leveling it so that it is about 1 cm thick.about 1/1.5 cm.
- Add a layer made up of all the minced spinach on top and finish with the diced provola.
- Now roll up the meatloaf and seal it tightly using the baking paper, so that it doesn’t lose its shape and that all the stuffing is inside. Once sealed well and closed the candy oven paper put it to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Unroll the two puff pastry directly on a baking tray and overlap them placing the meatloaf in the center.
- Cut transverse strips of pastry about 1/1.5 cm thick along the entire length of the two rolls, leaving only the base intact where you placed the stuffed meat.
- Now alternate the strips of puff pastry on top of the meatloaf, so as to close it with a pattern of intertwined pastry and be careful not to miss a single strip so that it is completely covered in pastry.
- Transfer inside a pan coated with oven paper and brush the surface with a mix of milk and egg yolk.
- Now let’s see how meatloaf is cooked: bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C and cook cook for about 60 minutes. When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few moments before cutting into slices and serving. Enjoy your meal!
Conservation, advice and variations for stuffed crusted meatloaf
Did you like the meatloaf recipe? You can enrich this dish with many ingredients, also starting from meat, for example we like to remove some ground meat and add some pork sausage which makes it all the more delicious. Alternatively, choose other fillings with cured meats or mushrooms… the surprise effect is always guaranteed!
You can serve the crusted meat loaf with a side of vegetables or boiled potatoes. Instead of puff pastry, you can also use broken.
Store it in an airtight container for up to 4/5 days.
For other tasty ideas, try all our meatloaf recipes and all our Christmas main courses.
READ ALSO: New Year’s menu: the recipes to start the new year in the best possible way!
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2022 – PC
#easy #baked #recipe #puff #pastry