This recipe for pasta with chicken and vegetables solves your meal in less than 30 minutes. A nutritious and easy dish that everyone will love!
If you are short on time and want to enjoy a warm and hearty meal, all you need to do is get out the pan and prepare this tasty recipe. It’s very simple and it’s great!
Chicken and vegetable pasta recipe
This chicken and vegetable pasta recipe is one of those recipes that fixes your meal and is made with simple ingredients. Leftover chicken? Use it in this recipe and make it faster!
Plus, the chicken, pasta, and vegetables are accompanied by a creamy sauce that makes this meal even more epic. And all in about 20 minutes! What sounds good?
It is a simple and nutritious dish that goes great for dinner and you can make more for lunch the next day. Well, if there’s anything left over!
Ingredients for pasta with chicken and vegetables
This meal is made with simple ingredients and will be ready to eat in less than half an hour.
See what you need to make it come true:
- pasta: use any hollowed-out or tube-style pasta: penne, rotini, elbows, etc.
- Butter: sea bream with aromatic vegetables, it is the base of the sauce.
- onion: yellow or white, as long as it is onion, it works.
- celery: an aromatic vegetable to cook together with onion and butter.
- chicken seasoning: adds a lot of flavor to the recipe. If you don’t have it, you can use sage and thyme, or Italian seasoning (fine herbs). I give you the details below.
- all purpose flour: Mixes with the vegetables and helps the sauce thicken.
- chicken soup: when boiling, form the sauce together with the vegetables.
- vegetable mix: carrots, peas and corn, usually come frozen.
- pollo: the best way to save time in any recipe that includes pre-cooked chicken. You can also use chicken leftovers from a previous meal, estimate that you will need 2 cups of chopped chickenor cook it quickly in the pan.
Below you will find the recipe with the ingredients and quantities.
You can cook chicken breasts in the skillet or easily bake chicken breasts with minimal effort.
Just roughly chop the chicken before adding it to the vegetable sauce mixture.
How to make pasta with chicken and vegetables
Follow the following step by step and you will have a delicious and warm meal in less than 20 minutes:
- cook the chicken
If you don’t have leftover chicken, cook the chicken in the same skillet. Those bits of chicken left on the surface will add a lot of flavor later.
- cook the pasta
Bring water to a boil in a large pot and cook the pasta al dente, following the package directions.
- make the sauce
While the pasta cooks, take a big pan and heat over medium-high heat with the butter. Add the onion, celery and poultry seasoning. Add the flour and mix to cover all the ingredients. Pour in the chicken broth and stir to integrate. Bring the pan to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and chicken
Once the sauce has thickened, add the frozen vegetables and cooked chicken. Stir so that they are covered with the sauce.
- Assemble the plate
Drain the pasta and transfer it directly to the skillet with the sauce, chicken and vegetables. Mix to integrate and serve.
*If you want this meal to be gluten-free, check the recipe at the end of the post.
And just like that, you have a tasty and hearty meal for lunch or dinner!
More vegetable pasta recipes
Pasta can be combined in many ways to enjoy different, filling and delicious dishes. These vegetable pasta recipes are like eating in a restaurant:
- If you don’t have dried sage, you can use oregano and thyme, chicken seasoning, or Italian seasoning (fine herbs).
- You can also use 2 large cups of leftover cooked chicken.
- You can use 2 cans of mixed vegetables (drained).
- Make this recipe gluten-free using a 1:1 ratio of gluten-free all-purpose flour and gluten-free pasta.