Making the Masa for Mexican tortillas are thin rounds made from wheat or corn flour for Masa burritos, tacos, or fajitas.
It is one of the most used doughs in many Mexican dishes, such as fajitas to be filled with chicken, meat, and vegetables. They are made in a skillet or on the barbecue accompanied by grated carrots, and onions with guacamole sauce.
Ingredients to prepare homemade Mexican burritos or fajitas for 8 Tortillas.
- 200 gr of wheat flour and half of Corn or just one to Taste.
- 110 ml of water or more if the flour needs.
- 1 teaspoon of salt but it is to taste.
- Olive oil.
How To Make Mexican Dough Tortillas for fajitas
Mix the flour in a bowl, with the water, salt, and oil. Stir the paste and mix the dough with a few gentle movements for one minute. Lightly you have to create the thin dough in a layer thickness of 2 cm. Cut circles about 15 cm in diameter. We have to let the dough rest for about 20 minutes before using it.
Note: to improve the dough add to the flour mixture:
- If we want it to be spicy add 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- Cheese flavor: add 2 tablespoons of grated cheese.
- Tropical flavor: add 2 tablespoons of grated coconut.
You can tell me which one is your favorite or with which ingredients you put it, you can share it in the recipe community.
#Homemade #Mexican #Dough #Tortillas #fajitas #burritos #tacos