How to cook potatoes in the microwave, whole or diced, in minutes
If you’re short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we’ll explain how to cook potatoes in the microwave.
It may seem strange, but i method to cook potatoes in the microwave are different. Today we will see some of them together: in the first we will start with whole potatoes, with their skins on; in the second one, however, the potatoes will already be cut into chunks or strips. Finally, in the third, we will see how to cook jacket potatoes.
The baking Microwave potatoes require very little time: 6-8 minutes will be enough, depending on the size, to obtain uniform and homogeneous cooking. A great saving of time to create a delicious side dish and ideal to combine with both meat and fish dishes.
Microwaved potatoes will be ready in no time to be taste with oil, salt, aromatic herbs or sauces. You can use them to prepare the classic mashed potatoes and all the mixtures for focaccia and desserts, as well as for all the other recipes with potatoes that come to mind.
1st method to cook potatoes in the microwave: with whole potatoes
Let’s see how to cook potatoes in the microwave! The first method is to start with whole potatoes in their skins.
- Wash the raw tubers very well, rubbing the peel with a sponge, in order to remove all traces of impurity.
- Dry them with a cloth and prick them with a toothpick, so that the heat penetrates inside.
- Arrange them on a plate, put them in the microwave maximum power and let the potatoes cook for about 8 minutes.
- You just have to peel them and use them in the kitchen just like you would with the classic boiled potatoes.
2nd method to cook potatoes in the microwave: with diced potatoes
- After washing and peeling the potatoes, cut them into cubes. Of great importance is obtaining gods regular cubesso that they cook evenly.
- Place them in a microwave-safe saucepan with a ladle of water.
- Turn on the oven at maximum power, and boil the potatoes in the microwave for 6 minutes, pinwheels halfway through cooking.
3rd method: jacket potatoes in the microwave
Here’s another idea for quick baked potatoes.
- Take them and wash them, then without removing the peel make holes in the surface e sprinkle with plenty of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and seal the potatoes in two sheets of parchment paper.
- You just have to cook them at a temperature of 700 watts for about 8 minutes, and you’re done!
And here your potatoes are ready and perfect to taste or to use for the various preparations in the kitchen. Of course, you can also cook them in the microwave sweet potatoes or American potatoes, not just those with yellow flesh: the procedure is identical.
Also discover the golden rules for making french fries at home and all our microwave recipes!
We recommend storing potatoes, cooked using any of the 3 methods, in the fridge in a container with a lid and for maximum 2-3 days.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#cook #potatoes #microwave #diced #minutes