how to make homemade dessert
Cherry clafoutis is a delicious and elegant dessert, perfect for closing a lunch or dinner or for a superb breakfast.
Cherry clafoutis is a French dessert originally from the Limoges area. Today it is easy to find it also with other fruit or others ingredients, but the original recipe is the one with cherries. This sort of cake is made by cooking cherries in a mixture very similar to that of crepes.
It is very easy to make and if you try to make it at home it will definitely pay off so much success! What do you think, have we convinced you? At that time follow us to the kitchen and let’s prepare the clafoutis together!
How to make cherry clafoutis with the original recipe
- First of all, wash the cherries and clean them, removing the internal stone and stalk. It would be better not to divide them into two halves, to do this you can use the appropriate tool or there are other techniques such as using a straw or a Chinese chopstick, or even a nozzle for a pastry bag! Set them aside and in the meantime prepare the mixture for the clafoutis cake.
- In a bowl, pour the eggs and sugar and mount with electric whisk until you have obtained a homogeneous mixture.
- Once done, enter the farina sifted little by little, the seeds obtained from the vanilla bean and the salt. Mix everything well and finally add the other ingredients as well – or milk and liqueur. If you like, you can also add melted butter, about 30 ml melted in a bain-marie or in the microwave. The taste will be fuller and greedier, but we assure you that the recipe is very good in both versions.
- When the compound will be finally prontoplace the whole cherries on the bottom of a buttered baking dish sprinkled with sugar and then pour the batter on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180°C for about 45/50 minutesuntil the surface has taken on a look bello gold.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool, then serve it warm or cold, even the next day. And if you like, you can also add icing sugar to decorate.
If you want to follow each step here is one video recipewith a few small changes, which you can try:
Also try the homemade cherry tart: it’s a dessert that will win you over ever since primo taste!
Cherry clafoutis: the original recipe
Do you think that the traditional French recipe of cherries clafoutis once called for the use of cherries cherries with stone. The reason? Because they keep more flavor and don’t lose too much liquid during cooking. We, however, have decided to remove it, to make this dessert more easy to taste. This is the only change we have made: otherwise, the recipe for this cake is faithful to the original.
Finally, a curiosity! The origin of this sweet is peasant: the workers of the Limoges fields used to carry a piece of clafoutis with them for refresh yourself after a long day at work.
Do you also love this sweet fruit? Then try all our recipes with cherries!
The cherry clafoutis it is kept in the fridge for a couple of days covered with food film. You can enjoy it cold or heat it slightly in the oven.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC