Layer cake, the layer cake easy to prepare
Are you looking for an easy birthday cake to prepare? Try the layer cake with its cheese and strawberry frosting.
The layer cake, as it is easy to guess from the name, is one of the many sweets that comes from overseas. Literally layered cake, is one of those recipes to prepare for big events, such as birthdays. Basically they are layers of dough cooked in separate pans, stuffed with cream and fresh fruit.
The most famous version is the one based on strawberries and butter and cheese frosting, but there are others based on chocolate. As for the external covering, it is at your discretion: we recommend it for its beauty but also to distinguish it from the equally famous naked cake.
How to prepare the layer cake recipe
- First, transfer 250 g of butter cut into pieces and the sugar into a bowl and work with the electric beaters until you get a creamy mixture.
- Then incorporate the oil and the seeds of the vanilla bean, always with the whisk in action.
- Then add the eggs and once you have obtained a creamy dough, incorporate the sifted flour with the baking powder, alternating it with the milk.
- Divide the dough into three 20 cm moulds and cook them 180°C for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, press the frosting by working the remaining butter with the cheese, the lemon zest and the icing sugar.
- Once the bases are cooked and cooled, level the surface cutting the cap.
- Arrange the former on a serving plate and fill it with a 2 cm layer of cream.
- Then distribute the strawberries cut into slices and cover with the other disc. Proceed as before until you reach the last layer which you will decorate with tufted cream and whole strawberries.
As you can see, the preparation is not that difficult and is perfect if you are looking for a scenographic dessert with which to impress friends and family.
The layer cake can be kept in the refrigerator, under a confectioner’s hood, for 2-3 days. We advise you to bring it back to room temperature before serving.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#Layer #cake #layer #cake #easy #prepare