Lenten pies with cabbage – a step by step recipe with a photo
1. Sift the required amount of flour into a cup, add semolina, mix.
2. Pour vegetable oil into a cup with flour mixture, add dry active yeast, sugar, salt, mix.
3. Then pour in water.
4. Stir the contents of the cup with a wooden spoon. When mixing the flour mass becomes difficult, put it on a lightly floured cutting board and knead with your hands an elastic, not sticky dough.
5. Give the dough the shape of a ball and put it in a clean cup, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to rise the dough for 1-1.5 hours.
6. While the dough is rising, prepare the filling for the pies. To do this, cut the cabbage into thin strips, grate the carrots on a medium grater, cut the onion into small pieces. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan, fry cabbage, carrots and onions until soft. Then add sauerkraut, salt, pepper and simmer for another 10 minutes. Cool the cabbage filling.
7. The dough has risen well, increased by 2-2.5 times. Remove the dough from the cup to a cutting board, knead well with your hands and divide into 10 equal parts, about 40-45 grams each. Shape each piece of dough into a ball shape.
8. Roll out the dough ball with a rolling pin into a cake with a diameter of 10-12 centimeters. Place 1.5-2 tablespoons of the prepared cabbage filling in the center of the dough cake.
9. Pinch the dough on two opposite sides. Then from two other opposite sides. Pinch the dough from one end through the center to the other end. Then make the same seam to get a closed “square – envelope”.
10. In the same way, form the rest of the pies, which are laid out on a baking sheet covered with baking parchment. Using a pastry brush, grease the pies with tea leaves, cover and leave to proof for 15-20 minutes.
11. Bake pies in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 30 minutes until beautifully browned. Remove the cooked meatless pies with cabbage from the oven and cover with a clean kitchen towel, leave to cool.
12. Serve warm lean cabbage pies. Bon appetit!
#Lenten #pies #cabbage #step #step #recipe #photo