Milk cream, the easy recipe for filling desserts
Milk cream is a simple and versatile preparation, without cream and without eggs, ideal for filling desserts or accompanying fruit.
Milk cream is one of those versatile and delicious recipes that is worth knowing. Excellent for filling cakes or accompanying biscuits and fresh fruit, prepares in the blink of an eyeit is without cream and in a very simple way it can be transformed into a vegan recipe.
To prepare it you will need nothing but milk, sugar, corn starch and vanilla, the aroma par excellence for this type of recipe. Just like a traditional custard, we’ll bake it all at low flame making it thicken and then, once cold, you’ll have to resist the temptation to devour it all, teaspoon by teaspoon.
How to prepare the milk cream recipe
- Combine the sugar and sifted cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Pour the milk at room temperature mixing with a whisk to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half lengthwise and put it in the milk.
- Cook the cream on a low flame for about ten minutes, until it thickens. Remember to stir often to prevent lumps from forming.
- Once ready, remove the berry and transfer it to a bowl, covering it with cling film to prevent the skin from forming.
- Once cold, your cream is ready to be used.
If lumps should form or if it cools down it should be too compact, you can blend all with the immersion mixer. Depending on your usage you may want to more fluid: add a spoon or two of milk according to your needs. Also, although vanilla milk cream is the most popular, you can too aromatize it with other ingredients such as lemon zest or almond extract. For a vegan version instead, replace the cow’s milk with a vegetable drink of your choice.
Egg-free milk cream is very similar to egg-free custard, which is also excellent for filling desserts.
The milk cream can be kept in the refrigerator, well covered, for up to 3 days.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2022 – PC
#Milk #cream #easy #recipe #filling #desserts