Pea and ham plumcake: the recipe for a delicious appetizer
Savory plumcake with cooked ham and peas: the ideal recipe for any occasion and never taken for granted.
The savory plumcake with peas is the perfect rustic recipe to prepare as a save-dinner recipe, or when you have guests and want to propose something out of the box. It is a savory pie to be prepared in a few minutes and from guaranteed result. The variations are almost infinite, as it is enough to start from the base of this pea plumcake recipe and enrich or replace the filling ingredients with what you most want.
So let’s go and see all the steps of one of the most delicious quick and easy recipes ever.
Preparation of the plumcake recipe with peas
- Start with the filling. Then take a large frying pan and pour a drizzle of oil into it, brown the chopped onion and add the peas.
- Fry and then add half a glass of water. Leave to dry and remove from heat, seasoning with salt.
- Sift flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Take the eggs and whisk them with an electric whisk, add the oil and milk and continue with the whisk until the mixture it is frothy and homogeneous.
- Now pour the flour a little at a time into the liquid mixture and always mix with an electric whisk.
- Add the grated cheese and salt, and when the mixture of your savory plumcake is satisfactory, you can add the peas and cooked ham.
- After mixing all the ingredients, take a loaf pan, cover it with parchment paper and pour the mixture for your savory pie into it.
- Level the edges well, if you want, brush the surface with an egg yolk and cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45 minutes. Check the degree of cooking with a toothpick, since not all ovens are the same.
- Once cooked take it out of the oven, let it cool and enjoy the pea plumcake together with other delicious appetizers or as a main course.
The original recipe calls for cooked ham, but you can substitute raw ham or anything else available in the fridge. For a more gourmet version try the saffron and peas plumcake recipe, adding a bag of saffron to the dough. If you want another similar recipe, you just have to try the savory plumcake with broad beans and pecorino cheese.
In an airtight container, the pea plumcake is kept fresh and soft for about 2 days.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#Pea #ham #plumcake #recipe #delicious #appetizer