Pies with peas – a step by step recipe with a photo
1. Sort the peas, rinse thoroughly under running water.
2. Place the washed peas in a deep bowl, cover with cold water and leave to swell in a cool place for several hours or overnight.
3. Drain water from swollen peas. Pour water into the pan (about 1 l), put the peas, let it boil, remove the foam. Cook the peas over low heat until soft.
4. While the peas are cooking, put the dough. Put yeast and sugar into warm water, mix. Let the yeast activate so that a foamy “cap” appears.
5. Pour flour and salt into the yeast that has come up, mix, knead the dough.
6. Add vegetable oil to the dough. Knead the dough, cover with a cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour. Then punch down the dough and leave to rise for another half an hour.
7. Throw the boiled peas on a sieve. Save the decoction.
8. Let the pea broth settle. Puree will settle to the bottom, and the liquid will be on top. Drain off the liquid carefully. It can be used to make lean mayonnaise, other sauces, add to soup or borscht.
9. Transfer puree from pea broth to the main boiled peas. You can beat with a blender until smooth. I just mashed it with a masher to get a non-uniform puree with pieces of peas.
10. For the filling, peel the onion, finely chop.
11. Peel the carrots, wash, dry, grate on a fine grater.
12. Fry onions and carrots until soft in a small amount of vegetable oil.
13. Add the fried onions and carrots to the pea puree, mix.
14. Put salt and pepper to taste in the filling, mix again.
15. Knead the risen dough, weigh it. Dough weight 458 g.
16. Divide the dough into equal pieces. I divided it into 10 pieces of 45 (46) g. As it turned out later, the pies turned out to be huge, so it was possible to divide the dough into more pieces, but less in weight.
17. On a table dusted with flour, roll the balls of dough into cakes.
18. Put the filling on each cake. I have quite a few fillings left. So you can increase the amount of ingredients for the dough so that the dough is enough for the entire filling.
19. Form pies.
20. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Put the pies, fry first on one side.
21. Turn the pies on the other side and fry until golden brown. Fry all the pies, put on a napkin to absorb the oil.
22. Serve pies to the table with drinks or vegetables. The pies are delicious both warm and cold. Bon appetit!
#Pies #peas #step #step #recipe #photo