Pressure cooker stew, delicious with potatoes
Using veal it is possible to prepare an excellent stew in a pressure cooker, adding potatoes and carrots to make it richer.
The pressure cooker is one of those kitchen utensils that you either hate it or love it. If you are among those who consider it a time bomb, there is nothing better than to try your hand at some simple recipe to discover its infinite potential. Take for example the stew in a pressure cooker. For this recipe, it usually takes at least an hour to cook and it is not always certain that the meat is tender and the sauce full-bodied.
So preparing veal stew with potatoes in a pressure cooker could prove to be the best choice. Once the preparation has started, you can “forget” about the pot and let them do the bulk of the work. Like? Let’s see it together.
How to make pressure cooker stew recipe
- First, peel the onion and chop it finely with a knife. Brown it in the pan together with the oil and the bay leaves.
- Then join i floured bite-size pieces of meat on all sides and brown them well so as to seal them.
- Deglaze with the white wine and, when you no longer feel the smell of alcohol rising from the pot, pour in the tomato puree and a glass of water. Add a pinch of salt and close with the lid. Raise the flame to the maximum so as to bring the pot to pressure and, starting from the whistle, lower it to the minimum and calculate 30 minutes of cooking.
- In the meantime, peel the potatoes and cut them into 2 cm pieces. Also peel the carrots and cut them into slices.
- Vent the pot and add the potatoes and carrots, then close and bring back to pressure. From now on they will be needed 15 minutes. At this stage, make sure that there is enough liquid in the pot to cook the vegetables and, if necessary, add a little water.
- Serve the stew piping hot and, if you like, accompany it with polenta.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can still prepare an excellent stew with potatoes in the traditional way.
Veal stew in a pressure cooker is preserved for 2-3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. We advise you to heat it in a pan before consuming it.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2022 – PC
#Pressure #cooker #stew #delicious #potatoes