Quick and easy vegetarian recipe: Sardinian fregola with vegetables
Sardinian fregola with vegetables: single vegetarian dish of Sardinian origin to be enriched with fresh and seasonal ingredients. Also excellent as a first course.
Sardinian fregola with vegetables is a single dish made with vegetables it can also be served as a first course for a summer lunch or dinner. If you want to make your dish even tastier, you can also prepare fregola with vegetables and sausage. Alternatively you can also serve the fregola with cold vegetables for a take away meal.
The fregola prepared following this recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for two days.
How to cook the fregola recipe with vegetables
- To prepare the Sardinian fregola with vegetables, start by finely chopping the onion then brown it in a pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Then carefully wash all the vegetables, remove the waste parts and cut the rest into cubes.
- When the onion is golden brown, add the vegetables and brown for a few minutes.
- Salt, pepper and cook until the vegetables until softened.
- Now prepare the fregola by toasting it in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil for a few minutes.
- Gradually add the hot vegetable border and let the liquid be absorbed well before adding the vegetables.
- After adding the vegetables, cook for another 5 minutes then turn off the heat and finish with a drizzle of oil and grated pecorino.
- Let the fregola rest with vegetables for 5 minutes and serveEnjoy your meal.
You can also cook the fregola in a pot of boiling salted waterinstead of broth, just as you can enrich it with other ingredients. What we have taught you is the original recipe, despite the fact that it varies a lot from family to family, with the addition of a little pecorino which never goes bad. If you liked this recipe, you can also try the one to prepare fregola with clams.
We recommend to consume within 1-2 days your Sardinian fregola, and keep it in the fridge in a special container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#Quick #easy #vegetarian #recipe #Sardinian #fregola #vegetables