Raw asparagus salad with grapefruit, pistachios and dill tahin dressing
Have you ever tried a salad with raw asparagus? This raw asparagus salad with grapefruit, pistachios and dill tahin dressing shows just how versatile green asparagus can be prepared. The spring vegetables are crispy, fresh and slightly nutty and show that they can also shine in unusual recipes. The Shaved Asparagus Salad is made in a jiffy and is bursting with spring aromas.
After a month blog break and two weeks vacation in Israel, let’s come back with a suitcase full of spices and inspiration and let’s start cooking … asparagus. Yes, maybe we’re more potato German than we want to admit, but what do you want to do when you’re hungry for asparagus and the season in which the green and white gold is available only lasts five days?! At least we won’t fall back on the well-tried (and rightly loved) classic with potatoes and hollandaise sauce, but try new recipes in which the asparagus is prepared a little differently. The Shaved Asparagus Salad we’ve only seen it in the US so far, so it’s high time that raw asparagus salad also to be established in the home region. For this, green asparagus is actually used uncooked and sliced into thin strips with a vegetable peeler. It may sound a bit strange at first, but it works wonderfully with the crunchy vegetables. After us raw Brussels sprouts in winter as a delicious basis for fresh salads serves, green asparagus now gives us a spring-like salad variant: raw asparagus salad with grapefruit, pistachios and dill tahin dressing.
The result is a crunchy green salad that has a nutty aroma thanks to the raw asparagus and the rocket bed, which is intensified by the roasted pistachios and the sesame paste tahini in the dressing (at least a souvenir from Israel made it into the recipe…). The dill fuels the salad with its spring-green freshness, the sweet-bitter grapefruit contributes some acidity, which keeps the strong, slightly spicy garlic bang of the dressing in check.
Even more vegetarian asparagus recipes for spring
If, like us, you have just started the asparagus season and are interested in even more recipes with the green sticks (they also work with white sticks, of course), take a look here:
Raw Asparagus Salad with Grapefruit, Pistachios, and Dill Tahini Dressing (recipe for 2)
Ingredients for the salad
- 500 g green asparagus
- 50 g Rocket
- 1 handful of dill sprigs
- 1 Pink Grapefruit
- 20g roasted pistachios
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 large sprigs of dill
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp of the reserved grapefruit juice
- 1 El Tahin
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the asparagus thoroughly and cut off the woody ends. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the asparagus spears into thin strips from the bottom to the top and place in a large bowl. Wash and dry the rocket and dill tips and add to the asparagus. Peel the grapefruit and fillet into wedges over a bowl, catching the juice and squeezing out the membrane at the end over the bowl to get more juice. Halve the grapefruit wedges and add to the bowl with the asparagus.
- Finely chop the dill for the dressing. Peel the garlic and also chop finely. Put both in a tall container with 3 tablespoons of the grapefruit juice, tahini, yoghurt and olive oil and puree finely with a hand blender. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dill tahin dressing over the salad and toss gently. Fold in the pistachios and serve the asparagus salad immediately.
#Raw #asparagus #salad #grapefruit #pistachios #dill #tahin #dressing