Ingredients1 Tbsp canola oil, or olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound lean ground beef
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup beef broth, or chicken broth
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 14 oz cans black beans, red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
2 14 oz cans chopped tomatoes
2 cups frozen or canned sweet corn, optional
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Instructions1. Choose the SAUTE mode on the Instant Pot. When the pot is hot, add oil and diced onions. Sauté the onions for about 3-4 minutes until they become brown. Then add minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more.
2. Add chili powder, ground beef, ground cumin, and oregano. Make sure to break up the meat in small pieces and sauté until brown, for 4 minutes.
3. Take a small bowl; combine beef broth, unsweetened cocoa powder and tomato paste until dissolved. Deglaze the pot by pouring this mixture inside it. Use a spatula to scrape the bottom of the pot.
4. Add beans and mix until everything is combined. Then add tomatoes but don’t stir.
5. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on high pressure. Do a natural release of 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure. Remove the lid and stir until combined.
6. If you want to add corn, then press SAUTE and add corn. Let simmer for few more minutes until corn is cooked through.
7. Season according to your taste and serve with sour cream and cheese.