Red Cabbage Soup with Apple
1. If you do not have ready-made vegetable broth, then quickly cook it for soup. Pour water into the pan, spread the vegetables chopped coarsely, put the whole onion. We put allspice with peas, bay leaf and cook the broth for 20-30 minutes until tender, do not add salt.
2. For soup, we need croutons. Of course, you can buy them, but you can make them very quickly. Cut three slices of rye bread into cubes at the rate of 1 slice per serving.
3. Put the cubes of bread on a mold or baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil for frying, sprinkle with Italian herbs and sea salt. Stir and put in a well-heated oven to t-180 C for 10 minutes. I have enough time so that the crackers do not burn. Watch out!
4. We cook the broth, soup and make croutons at the same time. Cooking vegetables and spices for soup. Need an anise. I will take 3 petals from the star. I’ve had enough of this. Cinnamon must be a stick. I have wine vinegar, it can be replaced with grape or apple. Olive oil for frying can be replaced with refined sunflower oil.
5. We need a tall stewpan in which we will first cook the vegetables and then cook the soup. Pour in the oil and heat it up. Lay out the chopped onion. Golden until soft.
6. Add a chopped apple, fry a little, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for a couple of minutes.
7. A line of red cabbage. She needs to be cut. I want to say that cutting vegetables into soup does not matter. He will be puréed. Simmer for another 5 minutes on low heat.
8. Sprinkle vegetables with sugar, turn up the heat and let the vegetables caramelize a little.
9. Pour vinegar, put star anise and cinnamon, pour strained vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a minimum, cover with a lid and cook the soup for 30 minutes.
10. At the end, salt to taste and adjust the vinegar and sugar for yourself. These ingredients are perfect for me. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before transferring to a blender.
11. Remove star anise and cinnamon from the saucepan. We put the contents in a blender and break the soup to a smooth mass. I broke 2 times, I have a small blender. You can use submersible.
12. Serve immediately. This soup does not need to be cooked much. As the saying goes: “For once.” Pour the soup into bowls, sprinkle with croutons and pumpkin seeds for more benefits!
13. Bon appetit! It is delicious. The soup is sweet and sour, with a rich taste and aroma. I recommend putting cinnamon and star anise for sure!
#Red #Cabbage #Soup #Apple