Slipper is a must with eggs with tomato sauce: here’s the recipe!
Eggs with tomato sauce are a recipe from poor cuisine, but they are so tasty that they become the queen of a family dinner.
Eggs with tomato sauce are a Tuscan dish, but which first spread to the surrounding regions, then to many areas of Italy. They are also widespread in Campania with the name of eggs in purgatory. Depending on the season, they can be prepared with fresh peeled and diced tomatoes or tomato puree or peeled tomatoes. The final cooking, once the eggs have been put in the pan, can take longer to taste. The recipe calls for the white to be firm and firm, while the yolk is still fluid and velvety.
This recipe requires the accompaniment of abundant slices of homemade breadpossibly of the almost plain Tuscan type.
Preparation of eggs with tomato sauce
- Clean the half onion and chop it finely. Pour it into a non-stick pan with the cleaned and cored garlic clove and the EVO oil.
- Put on medium heat and done fry for a minute.
- Pour the tomato puree, salt and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until it thickens slightly. In fact, the sauce must thicken, but must still remain very soft.
- Remove the garlic clove. Make 4 holes in the sauce with the help of a wooden spoon, like forming a nest, and open the eggs inside.
- Put the lid on and leave go for 5-8 minutes or in any case until the albumen has turned white.
- Finally, sprinkle with fresh black pepper, with basil or chopped parsley and serve piping hot on the table with slices of rustic bread, toasted on both sides on a pan or grill.
If you liked this recipe, read also all the secrets to making excellent Piedmontese eggs!
This recipe can be kept in the refrigerator for a maximum 1 dayif in an airtight container. The advice is to consume them once readythe taste will be crazy!
For a less spectacular, but equally good result, you can also prepare the omelette and throw it in the saucepan with the sauce.
Cook the passata as in the basic recipe, separately beat the eggs with salt and pepper and, if you like, some grated cheese. Cook the omelette on both sides in a second pan then, once ready, cut it into strips and mix it with the sauce.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#Slipper #eggs #tomato #sauce #heres #recipe