Spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli: original recipe and variations
Spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli pepper are a classic of Italian cuisine, ideal to serve on any occasion and very quick to prepare.
Spaghetti with garlic oil and chilli pepper are one of the most popular first courses representative of the Italian tradition, but also improvised meals, first of all the classic midnight spaghetti! But contrary to what some people think, they’re not that easy to make. The truth is that this dish is all about the quality of the ingredients and the perfect balancing of flavours, as well as on impeccable pasta cooking. Because it is precisely in apparently simple dishes that details make the difference.
First of all, to prepare a perfect pasta with garlic, oil and chilli pepper, you must make sure you use top quality ingredients: a good extra virgin olive oil, a fragrantand some fresh garlic and parsley.
And what about preparation? Well, if you really want to discover all the secrets to making this recipe, follow us in the kitchen: here is the recipe for spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli pepper! Follow ours too video recipe.
How to make the recipe for pasta garlic oil chilli
Let’s start immediately from the first common mistake: to make this pasta you don’t need half a bottle of oil, three or four tablespoons are simply enough.
1. Take a clove of garlic, cut it in half and remove the inner core, so as to make the dish lighter, then start mincing it as much finely possible. Also chop the pepper and set aside
2. Take a pan and pour the oil into it. When it’s hot, add the whole garlic and brown it well, paying attention to don’t burn it. Also add the chilli pepper and the minced garlic and let the oil flavor for a few more seconds, then turn off the heat.
3. Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water drain it al dente directly into the pan with the sauce.
4. Turn on the heat and stir in the spaghetti well, adding a ladle of cooking water. Serve, complete with chopped parsley and serve.
Now that you know all the secrets of the garlic oil and chilli pepper recipe, we can only wish you well Enjoy your meal and also recommend all our best quick first courses.
Pasta with garlic, oil and chilli pepper risotto and with the bimby: two variations of preparation
There are many versions for preparing this typical first course of the Italian culinary tradition. In addition to the classic steps, you can also make risotto pasta or with the Thermomix. Let’s see both versions together.
- After having minced garlic and chillies and having heated them with oil, you have to move on to pasta. Take a saucepan, water and coarse salt. Once the water is boiling, drop the spaghetti. And here we are, finally, at the secret most important for the success of these spaghetti: the cooking water.
- Cook the spaghetti for half the time in the pot, and for the rest directly in the pan with the scented oil, helping yourself with the cooking water. In this way, risottando the pasta, the starch of the water together with the fats of the extra virgin olive oil will form a delicious sauce, which will make the difference between a spectacular plate of pasta and a dry one and little creamy
- In this phase, be careful not to overdo it by adding too much or too little water: the pasta will have to cook, but at the same time it shouldn’t be flooded once cooked!
- Arrived at the perfect consistency, turn off the flame and sauté the pasta with the chopped parsley, remove the garlic and serve it again hot.
Spaghetti garlic oil chilli with the Thermomix
- In this case, take the garlic, the parsley and the chilli pepper and put them in the jug by activating the Thermomix at vel. 7 for 5-10 seconds.
- Add the oil and cook everything at 100°C for 5 minutes at speed 2. 1 then set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for the time indicated, once cooked put it back in the mixing bowl together with the sauce and leave to stir for 2 minutes at speed 1
- Plate up and serve.
Spaghetti with garlic and oil: other variations
Sure, tradition is always tradition, but who said we can’t make delicious variations of this fabulous first course? If you want enrich the pasta with garlic oil and chilli pepper, you can add for example some cherry tomatoes, which will give freshness to pasta.
Another idea is to make this dish according to the Calabrian variant, which involves the addition of crumb Of pane and anchovy fillets. As for the bread, toast it in a pan with oil, salt and garlic, while the anchovies can be melted in pan along with the rest of the toppings.
On the other hand, the version of spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli pepper with breadcrumbs is simpler, which is also called alla salentina: brown the bread in a pan with a little oil for a minute and dust it off on the plate instead of cheese! Do you still want a proposal? Here you are: you absolutely must try the spaghetti with garlic, oil, chilli pepper and clams. Let the molluscs drain and then put them in the pan together with the oil, minced garlic and chilli pepper for a few minutes. Turn the heat back on only when you add the pasta, the cooking water to thicken and the parsley at the end of the preparation.
In short, as you will have understood, there are no limits to the fantasia! You can also add other vegetables, capers, anchovies, walnuts, or for those who love strong flavours, tuna roe, which you can grate directly onto the pasta once served on the plate.
For other recipes with spaghetti, we recommend all our delicious first courses!
If you have any leftover, keep this first course in the fridge for a day within a tightly sealed container.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#Spaghetti #garlic #oil #chilli #original #recipe #variations