tasty fish second course recipe
Dinner of fish? Here is a very tasty recipe: baked sardines flavored with breadcrumbs, lemon and aromatic herbs.
Baked sardines are a truly delicious dish for any occasion, as well as easy to make: in short, one of those recipes that absolutely try! How to make? After removing the head of the fish – which also needs to be gutted – bread it generously in a savory sauce breadcrumb-based mixture. And then… in the oven!
Who said sardines are a fish poor? They are rich in nutrients, light and ideal for preparing tasty fish main courses. What’s more, they are also perfect for those unfamiliar with cooking fish and are ideal from accompany with a nice side dish of vegetables au gratin or in salads.
Che ne dite we made you hungry? So without further hesitation let’s head straight to the kitchen and get to work!
How to cook baked sardines au gratin
- First let’s see how to clean sardines. Cut off the head of the fish, then make a slight cut with the scissors along the belly and remove the innards and bones. Rinse them well under cold running waterthen dry the sardines with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Now prepare the breading: mix the breadcrumbs with aromatic herbs and minced garlic (eliminating the inner core of the latter), lemon zest and juice and salt.
- Pass the open sardines in it and let it adhere to well to the surface your mince.
- Now take a baking tray, even an aluminum one, and put a little olive oil on the bottom. Secure the anchovies with wooden toothpicks so that they stay closed and do not open halfway during cooking. Arrange them on the tray distanziandole bene the another slab.
- Finish with a nice round of olive oil and add a few lemon wedges.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180°C for 15 minutes about, but being careful not to toast the anchovies. Remove from the oven and serve your sardines au gratin with a delicious vegetable side dish. Enjoy your meal!
Storing baked sardines
Sardines prepared following this recipe can be stored in refrigerator inside an airtight container for one or two days at most.
Also try all our quick second courses: they are wonderful!
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#tasty #fish #recipe