the easy recipe with a soft and stuffed heart
The salty potato danube is a spectacular appetizer! Diners will serve themselves by detaching one ball at a time of soft tastiness.
Potato danube is a variant of the traditional salty danube. The potatoes give it a particular softness, and a taste very tasty. As in any self-respecting Danube, you can vary the filling with other cured meats and cheeses, even mixed ones, we have chosen provolone and cooked ham and you?
Let’s go immediately to prepare this soft and delicious recipe that will make you lick your mustache.
Preparation of the potato danube
- Wash the potatoes, preferably all of the same size, put them in a large pot and cover them with water. Place the pot on a stove and bring to a boil. To boil, according to measure, they should employ 20-40 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher. Set aside.
- Sift the two flours, mix them and set aside.
- Slightly heat the milk on the stove or in the microwave, it must be only slightly warm, dissolve the brewer’s yeast in it and pour it into a large bowl.
- Also pour into the bowl a lightly beaten egg, and EVO oil. Start adding the mixture of the two flours a little at a time, mixing with your hands or a spoon. Continue until all the flour is added.
- Add the potatoes, mix again. Now salt and knead again.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and continue to knead it with your hands. In the end you have to get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Put it in a clean bowl, cover them with a cloth, and put it in the turned off oven. However, turn on the oven light, the heat it generates helps leavening. Let rise for two hours.
- Prepare the ingredients by cutting the provola into cubes and placing the diced cooked ham in a bowl.
- Once the dough has risen, place it on the work table and knead it lightly. From the dough make balls, each should weigh about 45-50 grams.
- Take a round baking pan, grease it and flour it, eliminating the excess flour. Take a ball of dough, flatten it to form a pizza and place some cubes of provola and cooked ham in the centre.
- Reform the ball of dough so that the filling remains in its centre. Place the ball in the pan. Continue with the other balls. Finally, the pan should be completed with balls. It doesn’t matter if there is space between the balls, the dough will rise and rise, even as it cooks.
- Cover the pan with a cloth and leave it thereiavoid for half an hour.
- Time passed, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly beat the remaining egg and use it to brush the top of the potato danube.
- Put in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, its surface must be well golden, but not too dark. Let it cool down completely.
You can place it in the center of the table, each diner will detach a ball and taste the surprise inside.
If you liked this recipe, also try making saffron sweet bread.
Being stuffed with cold cuts and cheeses, we recommend keeping the danube with boiled potatoes for maximum 1-2 days in the fridgecovered with transparent film. You can heat it briefly in the oven and then before bringing it back to the table. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#easy #recipe #soft #stuffed #heart