the Italian dishes he loves (and prepares)
Meghan Markle has always loved Italian cuisine and wine, did you know that? But what are her strong points?
We reveal a passion of the former Duchess of Sussex: Italian cuisine and wine! Do you think that, when she still worked as an actress, she had a personal blog called The Tig (closed after 3 years) where the name derives from Tignanello, a renowned Italian wine from the Antinori winery, in Tuscany. Not just wine: in numerous interviews Meghan Markle has confirmed her passion for Italian cuisine by revealing some of her favorite dishes and which he also prepares at home!
Curious? Let’s find out what Meghan Markle’s favorite Italian dishes are.
The recipe for Bolognese zucchini ragout
One of the flagships of Prince Harry’s beloved wife is definitely her Bolognese zucchini sauce! A vegetarian reinterpretation of the classic sauce that we Italians use for many traditional dishes (from lasagna to tagliatelle).
To make Meghan Markle’s recipe they will serve you: 5 courgettes, half an onion, broth (vegetable or classic), extra virgin olive oil to taste, grated cheese to taste, half a lemon, pepper to taste
- Finely chop the onion and, in the meantime, heat the broth (1 liter will do, to be used as needed).
- Heat a little oil in a pan, add the onion and let it soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the zucchini washed and cut into small pieces, a large glass of broth and cook for as long as possible lowering the flame to the boil and putting a lid.
- Add more broth as needed and let it cook (3-4 hours are fine too) until the courgettes have flaked completely.
- While the courgettes are cooked, cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water and drain when al dente.
- Use the zucchini bolognese sauce for season the pasta completing with a squeeze of lemon juice, grated cheese and pepper.
The other dishes that Meghan Markle cooks and the diet
Meghan Markle has never made a secret of following a balanced diet, full of vegetarian recipes but without forgetting the tricks. In fact, she’s never lacked for a plate of macaroni and cheese, french fries, and even the famous roast chicken which she seems to have cooked just the night that Prince Harry decided to propose to her.
Among the other Italian recipes that she adores and cooks, there is another sauce, the more classic version of the one just described: in fact, she says to prepare an excellent bolognese sauce (mouth-watering).
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#Italian #dishes #loves #prepares