the perfect Easter breakfast
Easter regrowth pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways.
The original recipe of the Roman regrowth pizza consists of a sort of panbrioche. It’s a dough incredibly fluffy which, however, must be worked on several times. The leavening times are very long, so much so that it must remain rest for three days. The result pays off all the efforts, because it is incredibly fragrant and crunchy on the outside.
Traditionally, it comes prepared for Easter morning. In fact, it is considered the typical recipe for Easter breakfast. You can accompany this dough with a variety of ingredients, such as eggs, salami or cheese. Furthermore, you can fill it with sweet ingredients, such as creams and chocolate, making it a sweet Easter pizza.
Preparing the recipe for regrown pizza
- Due to the long lead times, start the preparation a few days before, i.e. from Wednesday to have it ready and delicious on Easter Sunday. Pour the water into a saucepan and heat it. Then, immerse the brewer’s yeast and untie it in the liquid.
- In a bowl, pour 60 g of sifted flour. Add the water and yeast mixture and knead. Put the dough obtained in a bowl, cover with food film and leave rest for 3 days.
- After this time, start working the dough again. Add the remaining amount of flour, eggs and sugar. Mix vigorously.
- At this point, also incorporate the grated lemon zest.
- Obtained a homogeneous stick, put it back in a bowl, cover with food film and leave leaven for 24 hours.
- Then, knead the dough again, beating it several times on a work surface.
- Take a cake pan with high edges and a diameter of 30 cm. Butter it and fill it with the dough. Cover with a tea towel clean and do leaven at least 5 hours.
- At this point, the grown Easter pizza is ready for cooking. Cook in a preheated and static oven at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- After this time, turn off and leave the dough still in the turned off ovenuntil it cools down completely. The next day, she’s ready to be enjoyed!
Accompany this panbrioche with sweet ingredients or include raisins in the dough, to make it even sweeter. Alternatively, you can stuff it with salty productsserving for example a cheese Easter pizza.
You can keep it in an airtight container for 10 days.
Another traditional recipe not to be missed is that of sighs or sweets of the bride!
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#perfect #Easter #breakfast