the quick and easy recipe for a crunchy appetizer
Mother-in-law’s tongues are crunchy savory sheets, ideal as an aperitif and to be enriched with all kinds of creams and mousses. Let’s find out how to prepare them at home.
Mother-in-law’s tongues are a savory leavened product that is quite simple to prepare. From the classic elongated and flattened shape this leavened product is perfect to be proposed on the occasion of an aperitif or as an appetizer accompanied by cold cuts and cheeses.
The basis includes a simple condiment based on oil, salt and rosemary but you can add many other ingredients such as cherry tomatoes, anchovies, oregano or onions.
Preparation of mother-in-law tongues
- To prepare mother-in-law’s tongues, start by placing the brewer’s yeast dissolved in part of the water needed for preparation in the bowl of the planetary mixer. Add the oil and start mixing.
- Continue adding the sifted flour, the rest of the water and the salt.
- Keep kneading everything for a few minutes until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Transfer the dough thus obtained into a large bowl greased with oil and cover with a clean cloth. Leave to rise for 2 hours so that the dough doubles its volume.
- When the dough has doubled in volume, transfer it to a cutting board. divide it into not too large pieces.
- Roll out each piece with the help of a rolling pin trying to obtain an elongated shape about half a centimeter thick. If necessary, help yourself with your hands.
- Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and rosemary. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C cook for 20-25 minutes until fully browned. Remove from the oven and serve.
If you liked this recipe you can also try the one to prepare crackers.
You can keep your mother-in-law tongues, with the original recipe, you can put them in a bread bag and leave them in a cool, dry place for up to 3-4 days. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#quick #easy #recipe #crunchy #appetizer