the quick and tasty recipe
The zucchini and speck savory pie is a savory appetizer perfect to be enjoyed even during trips out of town.
Savory pies are a genre that everyone agrees on if you then prepare them using the tastiest combinations in the kitchen then they really have no rivals. With the savory pie with zucchini and speck we hit the spot: the smoky flavour in fact it marries perfectly with that more delicate of zucchini (and we know this well because there are many dishes that play on these flavors) giving life to one of the best delicious appetizers ever.
You can prepare this rustic zucchini and speck cake both with puff pastry and shortcrust pastry or opt for a more home-made preparation such as mad pasta. The result will still be amazing and, of course, easy and quick to prepare. Let’s see together how to make this rustic zucchini and speck pizza.
How to prepare the zucchini and speck savory pie recipe
- First of all prepare the zucchini: wash them well, remove the ends and after having cut them in four lengthwise, cut them into small pieces.
- Transfer them to a pan with the oil and the garlic clove and cook them for 10-15 minutes, adding salt and pepper at the end and setting them aside.
- Cut the speck into cubes or strips and toast it in a pan, when it’s crispy, add it to the vegetables, eliminating the garlic.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with a fork, add the cream, about 50-60 g of grated cheese, salt and pepper and mix everything well.
- Then add the vegetables and speck and give a final mix, adjusting the salt as needed.
- Roll out the puff pastry into one 24-26 cm pan in diameter leaving the excess edges protruding from the pan, then pour the filling.
- Fold the edges inward and bake 200°C for 20-25 minutes. Your zucchini and speck quiche is ready when the surface is golden brown.
Staying on the subject of quick and easy recipes, we suggest you also try the zucchini and pepper savory pie, perfect if you are looking for a vegetarian variant.
The savory pie with zucchini can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, well covered with film. We advise you to consume it at room temperature or slightly heated in the oven.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#quick #tasty #recipe