the quick recipe of the second course
Zucchini omelette is a recipe that never goes out of style, perfect to prepare for a trip out of town or to serve on the table during lunch or dinner.
Do you want an irresistible single dish and easy to cook? Zucchini omelette is the one for you! This soft and tasty dish is perfect if you want to serve a dish full of flavour; what’s more, it is suitable for every situation, from a picnic to a quick lunch, up to the most important dinners, where you can serve it as an appetizer. Let’s go right in Kitchen to prepare the zucchini omelette by following the photo steps or the video recipe!
How to make zucchini omelette
1. Let’s start with the processing of the vegetables: let’s see how to cook the courgettes immediately after having cleaned them properly. First wash and dry them, then grate them (so they will cook faster). Alternatively, you can make them into slices but in this case the cooking will be slightly longer.
2. Heat a clove of garlic with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a pot anti-adherent, the same one you will then use to cook the omelette. Leave the vegetables to cook and add salt and pepper.
3. Once the courgettes are ready, remove them and set them aside. Do not go beyond 5/10 minutes, otherwise they will result stracotte.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl beat the eggs with parsley, salt, pepper, a drop of milk and the cheese; finally, add the courgettes and mix well.
5. At this point, grease the pan with butter and pour the dough. Cook the omelette over low heat, so that the heat reaches the center without burning it. Cover with a lid and, while cooking, punch holes the zucchini omelette occasionally with a fork.
6. Once one side is cooked, you will need to flip it. Do this with the help of a plate, placing it over the pan: turn the pan and put the omelette back inside.
7. Cook again for 5 minutes to the other side. Once ready, let it rest on a plate and serve cutting it sliced. Enjoy your meal!
Omelette roll with zucchini
For a truly original idea, however, we recommend making a wonderful zucchini omelette roll. In this case, double the doses so as to be make sure it doesn’t get too thin and cook the omelette in the oven (180°C for about 15 minutes): place it, for convenience, in a rectangular pan or dripping pan.
When it is cooked, let it cool down (but without it becoming cold) e stuffed with cream cheese and ham. Roll up, cut into slices and enjoy!
Primo Chef’s advice
- If you want one lighter version of this dish, you can vary some ingredients. First of all, you can reduce (or even eliminate) the cheese and milk. Then you just need to cook the zucchini without oil, helping yourself with a little water for soften them; finally, don’t use butter!
- If, on the other hand, you want a veven more delicious version, well… there are no limits! You can cook zucchini with onions and flavor the dish putting cold cuts into the dough, such as ham, mortadella or chopped salami. What’s more, there is also the possibility of enriching the omelette with try it smoked or other delicious cheeses. Try it too!
- If you want to make a nice tall omelette, you can also insert one into the dough slice of bread in boxes soaked in milk.
Love this veggie? Also try all our recipes with zucchini!
The omelette is not a long-life preparation: for this reason it is advisable not to prepare too much of it. If you have any leftover, keep it in the fridge, inside a container for a day at most.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC