the recipe and the steps
Here is the recipe for poached egg, an appetizing dish that you can enjoy for breakfast or as a second course in a quick dinner.
Sooner or later all chefs have to deal with it: let’s talk about poached eggs, a classic and quick preparation, but which at the same time has many pitfalls. This is one of those dishes that improves with experience, and that you have to try many times to refine your technique.
If it is the first time you try, we are sure that with our tips you will succeed al first hit. Let it bet? Then follow us in the kitchen and let’s see together all the steps for perfect cooking of poached eggs and the video recipe!
How to make poached eggs
1. Put a pot full of water on the fire. It must have high edges and the water must have a height of at least 8-10 centimeters, so that the egg never touches it. Once the water is boiling, immediately lower the heat until you get a light simmer. Otherwise, the white would be lost in the pot and the egg would not have its typical geometric appearance.
2. Pour the egg into a bowl without break the yolk.
3. When the water is slightly simmering, lower the heat again by bringing the boil to zero and add the white vinegar (even theapple cider vinegar it’s indicated). Wait for a minute for the water to cool slightly and create the edges with a spoon a circular currentso that a small swirl forms in the center.
4. Gently slide the egg from the bowl into the hot water exactly in the center of the vortex.
5. Don’t be fooled: poached eggs take longer to cook than you might think. It would seem that the chiara is all congealed, but the innermost one, which is not seen, is not yet. Leave it in the water for at least 4-5 minutescontinuing to turn.
6. Take the egg out of the water with a slotted spoon being careful not to break it.
If you want to prepare more, repeat the recipe itself operation cooking one egg at a time. Enjoy your meal!
Perfect poached egg: recipe tricks
As we said, there are many risks that one runs into when trying this recipe: we can get an egg that is overcooked, and which therefore has the yolk completely solid, or an undercooked white wine and therefore a shirt… all broken! In short, experience is certainly the best weapon for this dish, but there are also some tricks of the trade which you can try to apply.
- First of all the vortex: make sure it’s a not too fast vortex, otherwise the egg will disperse, and then the vortex will cease sooner and the result will therefore be a clear scatter on the edges of the pot.
- Regarding the pot, another recurring mistake is to choose one that is too small. This way you will not be able to turn it well ea pull it out intact!
- The vinegar can be from white wine, from apples or any other you have at home as long as it isn’t the balasmic one. You won’t have to go and buy a specific one, specifically for this recipe, also because the quantity is very small and the flavor will hardly be felt. What, then, is the vinegar in the poached egg for? Its purpose is to help hold the white together: by increasing the coagulation of the proteins, it cooks it faster.
- Finally, one last tip is about how withdraw the egg. It may seem trivial, but many people break it: use a slotted spoon, but above all be delicate!
How to eat poached egg
This dish is very good tasted in many ways. You can try it even just on a slice of toasted bread with very little salt and a minced of fresh pepper. Another very appetizing way to prepare them is to place them on some flakes thin slices of butter and garnish with half a spoonful of grated Parmesan.
Poached eggs are also excellent on their own, but often serve as an accompaniment to more dishes complex. Try to combine them with salmon, avocado, cheese, asparagus and many other ingredients useful for preparing a delicious appetizer: with this recipe all you have to do is arm yourself with fantasia!
Here’s how to make perfect fried eggs!
The most appetizing feature of the poached egg lies in the two consistencies: the creamy part of the egg white and the liquid part of the yolk. These two features they are not preserved for a long time once ready, for this reason we do not recommend storing it in the refrigerator but also freezing it in the freezer.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC