The recipe for chickpea and tofu meatballs: vegan and quick!
Chickpea and tofu meatballs are a delicious dish that can be prepared in an instant, perfect for a dinner or a tasty aperitif with friends.
Delicious, beautiful to present and easy to prepare. Chickpea and tofu balls are an appetizer fun and that will surely bring joy to your table. If you want to organize an aperitif with friends or family, you can also prepare these quick meatballs in advance and then cook them in the oven or in a pan 10 minutes before serving. In today’s version we will be making meatballs 100% veganwithout using eggs or cheese, and we will combine the chickpeas with the tofu in the dough.
Alternatively, if you prefer, you can also prepare chickpea and potato balls, which will give your dough the right consistency. Try it, the recipe is the same: you just have to substitute tofu with boiled potatoes!
Preparation of chickpea and tofu balls
- First, press the tofu well so as to make it lose all the excess water, not worrying about the fact that it crumbles or breaks, since later we’re going to blend it into the meatball mixture.
- Once done, put the canned chickpeas, the tofu and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl or in a special machine: the Taggiasca olivescorn starch and chopped onion.
- Blend everything by adding extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and a sprig of chopped fresh parsley.
- Once you have obtained a homogeneous mixture, add the lemon juice and shape your meatballs with your hands, finally pass them in plenty of breadcrumbs. Cook in a pan with a spoonful of extra virgin olive oil for approx 5 minutes each side.
- When a golden crust, your meatballs will be ready! Serve with sauces of your choice or on a bed of green salad. Enjoy your meal!
And if you like homemade meatballs, how about trying our classic chickpea meatball recipe? Really originals and tasty! And to conclude on a high note, here are all our recipes with chickpeas.
We recommend saving these veg patties for maximum 2-3 days in the refrigerator, inside a container with a special lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#recipe #chickpea #tofu #meatballs #vegan #quick