the recipe of the typical Trentino product
The Bolzano sauce or Bozner Sauce is a typical preparation of the cuisine of Trentino-Alto Adige.
The Bolzano sauce, also called Bozner Sauce, made with hard-boiled eggs, mustard, oil and a few other ingredients is excellent for flavoring foods such as boiled potatoes or croutons. In Trentino it is often used to accompany the sought-after white asparagus, thanks to its composition and the extreme ease of making it, it will be your trump card for dinners or lunches with friends. Curious to find out? Let’s start right away with the recipe!
Preparation of the Bolzano sauce
- First, put the whole eggs in a saucepan, cover them with cold water and light the heat, cook for 9 minutes from the moment of boiling.
- When cooked, drain the eggs, warm them by passing them under cold running water and shell them.
- Cut the eggs a halftake the yolks and mash them in order to obtain a homogeneous puree.
- Apart finely chop the egg whites with the help of a fine bladed knife.
- Combine the egg whites with the yolks, jumbled up and also add the mustard and vinegar. Start mixing with the help of a whisk and add salt and pepper.
- Continue adding the oil slowly without ever ceasing to mix vigorously with the whisk and finally add the chives.
- When you have reached a creamy consistency, the sauce is ready, use it to flavor your dishes.
Alternatively, you can prepare homemade rubra sauce.
Bolzano sauce and asparagus
Asparagus and Bolzano sauce are a winning combination especially in terms of cooking traditional of northern Italy and in particular of the Bolzano area.
This clearly applies in spring, when it is possible to buy fresh asparagus in season and in particular the variety of white asparagus. Characterized by a delicate and sweet taste, the white asparagus they owe theirs coloring to the fact that they are harvested before they come out of the ground in order to prevent them from turning green with the light thanks to chlorophyll photosynthesis.
Keep the sauce in a glass container and cover it with EVO oil, then place it tightly closed in the refrigerator for maximum 2-3 days. We do not recommend freezing.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#recipe #typical #Trentino #product