the recipe with garlic and chilli
Let’s see how to cook sautéed chicory flavored with citron: an easy recipe to prepare a tasty side dish to accompany meat dishes.
Sautéed chicory is an easy side dish typical of Roman cuisine. Chicories are excellent boiled or sautéed in a pan as in this case. There Preparation of this side dish is really simple: after having cleaned and rinsed the chicory you have to boil it and then sauté it in a pan, flavoring it with garlic, chilli pepper, anchovies and citron juice.
Known to most for its bitter taste, chicory also has many benefits for our body. Rich in mineral salts and vitamin A, chicory has diuretic, digestive and purifying properties and a single dish is enough to enjoy these benefits. Here’s the recipe!
How to cook sautéed chicory
- Wash the chicory leaves and remove the last part of the stem (which would be too hard and leathery when tasted).
- To prepare the sautéed chicory, boil a pot of water, once theboiling salt it lightly and boil the vegetables already washed and cleaned.
- After ten minutes, drain the chicory well in a colander and let it drain until it cools down.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the clove of garlic and the chilli pepper, brown and switch off the fire for 1 minute.
- Put back on the fire and add the chicory. Sautee over high heat and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and serve the chicory immediately. Enjoy your meal!
And here’s one video recipe to prepare it perfectly and serve it as a side dish, or to enrich pasta or a savory pie:
If you want to try other light and easy dishes, here are some detox recipes to prepare at home!
We recommend keeping the side dish in the fridge, for up to 1-2 daysinside a container with a special lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2022 – PC
#recipe #garlic #chilli