the second typical dish of Sardinia
That of sheep in coat is a typical Sardinian recipe that is very simple and genuine, to be enriched with various tasty condiments.
The sheep in coat recipe has a tasty meat stew as its starting point. It is a dish of ancient origins, made with a poor recipe belonging to the peasant tradition. This typical product has sheep meat as its main ingredient, which simply needs to be cooked.
The cooking takes an indefinite time, based on the piece of meat used: on average it takes from a minimum of 2 hours up to 5 hours. Despite the long times, the preparation is very easy, because it is enough to flavor this product with common and genuine flavors linked to the territory.
Preparation of the recipe for the sheep in coat
- Clean and cut the meat into portions of the size you like best.
- Place it in a very large pot. Fill with plenty of water and put on the stove.
- Cook over medium-high heat bring to a boil. At this point, remove the foam and impurities that have appeared on the surface with a slotted spoon.
- Wash and clean 1 onion, carrots, celery and parsley. Add all these ingredients to the pot, after having chopped the onion and parsley with a knife.
- Season with salt, cover and let it cook over low heat for at least 2 hours. The time may also increase, based on the cut of meat used. In any case, it is ready when it is soft by pricking it with a fork.
- When the meat becomes tender, peel the remaining onions and add them whole in the pot. Wash the potatoes carefully, but add them with the peel (so they don’t break while cooking).
- Let it cook 30 more minutes, adding another pinch of salt. At the end, if the potatoes are soft, you can turn off the flame. Arrange the meat and vegetables, including whole onions and potatoes (after peeling them), on plates. If you prefer, you can strain the broth and use it to wet the meat.
This dish is nothing more than a sheep stew, a traditional Sardinian recipe that is very tasty. The best advice is from eat it now.
For other quick and easy recipes, try sheep gravy.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#typical #dish #Sardinia