the typical Romagna recipe with raisins
Sarsina Easter loaf: the classic recipe (and the one with the Thermomix) to prepare a soft and fragrant leavened product to serve for Easter Sunday breakfast.
Do you want to try some typical Easter recipes? It’s good not to be caught unprepared: today we offer you the recipe for the Easter loaf, a leavened sweet typical of the town of Sarsina, in Romagna. Traditionally this focaccia was eaten on the morning of Easter day, accompanying it with cold cuts and eggs blessed. Below you will find two recipes: the classic one and the one prepared with the help of the Thermomix.
Preparation of the Easter loaf with raisins
- First of all make the leaven. Heat a glass of milk and let the brewer’s yeast dissolve in it, add about 100 g of flour, a teaspoon of sugar and mix well.
- Let your yeast activate until it is doubled in volume and will have bubbles on the surface. In the meantime, what to wait, soak the raisins in warm water.
- At this point, transfer the yeast in a bowl or in the stand mixeradd the flour and vanillin, half of the remaining milk, and the lemon zest.
- Knead well until you get a compact but homogeneous dough.
- Finish of incorporate the ingredients always mixing by hand or with the hook in the planetary mixer. You will have to add the other half of the milk, the oil, the egg yolks, the sugar, a small glass of aniseed liqueur, a pinch of salt and the soaked raisins.
- Cover everything with a damp cloth and let it rise for at least 3 hoursbut it would be perfect to leave it all night too.
- Take the dough again, knead it on a floured cutting board and give it the shape of a large loaf (or two smaller ones) placing it directly on a pan lined with baking paper and let it rise inside the closed oven for 2-3 hours.
- Before cooking, score the surface with the blade of a knife and brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake in preheated oven 180 °C and cook for 50-60 minutes circa.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting into slices and serving.
Preparation of the Easter loaf with the Thermomix
- Chop the lemon zest for a few seconds at speed 9 and set aside. You do MELT yeast in a glass of milk. Pour the flour, sugar and the glass of milk in which you dissolved the yeast.
- Mix for 20 seconds at speed 4 then add the rest of the milk, the eggs, the grated lemon zest, the oil, the vanillin, the salt and the butter. Work for 30 seconds at speed 5 and one minute in ear mode. If necessary, repeat the operation.
- Let rise for 3-4 ore then add the soaked and squeezed raisins to the mixture before proceeding with cooking as indicated in the previous recipe.
Alternatively, we suggest you try the Easter scarcelle or all our other typical Easter desserts!
We advise you to keep the sweet Easter loaf for approx Three days protected from humidity or to freeze it (already divided into slices): in this way it will last a few months.
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#typical #Romagna #recipe #raisins