the very quick recipe and the variant without eggs
Strawberry cream is ideal for decorating cakes and desserts of all kinds, let’s see how it is prepared immediately!
Whether you want to prepare cupcakes, tarts, filled cakes or a simple spoon dessert, the recipe for fresh strawberry cream with custard is right for you. The preparation of this cream is truly facile: you just have to add the blended strawberries to the custard. Furthermore, you can also prepare an egg-free and very quick version of the strawberry cream: after blending them with icing sugar, all you have to do is whip the cream and combine everything carefully.
In both cases you will get a cream with a delicate color but a unique taste. A real extra touch for your desserts or to make decorations scenographic that will leave all your guests speechless. Are you ready to get to work? Here are all the preparation steps.
How to make strawberry cream recipe
- First, wash the strawberries and remove the green stalk and the bruised parts. Cut them into squares and blend them cold with a blender.
- Put the egg yolks, sugar and starch in a saucepan and mix vigorously until you get a clear and frothy mixture, then set aside.
- At this point heat the milk on the fire and, before that reach the boil, add the blended strawberry sauce. Mix well so that they blend evenly with the milk and then turn off the heat.
- Add the hot milk and strawberries a little at a time in the saucepan with the eggs, continuing to mix (be careful not to cook the yolks which would tear the cream).
- Once all the milk and strawberries have been combined, bring the saucepan, with all the mixture, to the heat and let it cook, continuing to turn until the cream thickens.
- Cool everything at room temperature and then in the fridge, with contact film, for at least 1 hour.
Use your strawberry cream for cakes, muffins, plum cakes or even to fill delicious croissants.
Preparation of strawberry cream with cream
For this variant of the strawberry cream filling you will need:
- 100 ml of whipping cream
- 20 g of icing sugar
- 160 g of strawberry pulp
- First, wash the strawberries well. dry themremove the stalks then cut them into wedges (remember not to remove the stalks before washing the strawberries to prevent them from absorbing too much water).
- Pour the strawberries into the blender then add the icing sugar and blend until smooth pure homogeneous.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whip it with an electric whisk.
- Mix the whipped cream sauce well, being careful not to disassemble it, then put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour and then use the cream as you prefer!
If you want to make it even more delicious, you can also “transform” it into a ganache, adding flakes of White chocolate (150 g) and letting it melt before adding the strawberry puree.
How to store it? It can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container 1-2 days to the utmost.
If you like strawberries don’t miss the strawberry crumble cake recipe or all our desserts with strawberries!
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.
Reserved reproduction © 2023 – PC
#quick #recipe #variant #eggs