Today we offer you the recipe for the best Christmas cookies of all: here’s how to make gingerbread gingerbread men!
When winter arrives, one feels like staying indoors to warm up between the heat of the oven and homemade recipes. Gingerbread men are delicious Christmas cookies typical of the Anglo-Saxon traditioneasy to prepare and which will bring so much taste and fun to your table.
For those unfamiliar with it, gingerbread is a very spicy and fragrant dough typical of the Christmas period, which is used to create very nice Biscuits. Her original name is Gingerbreadand is used to make the classic gingerbread house and the men we’re going to preparetogether today.
If you are looking for Christmas recipes, but above all simple recipes, try these homemade biscuits and you will be enchanted by the magic of the Holidays as when you were children! And if you want to prepare some Christmas biscuits to give away, with these you will make a real treat great. Let’s get started now!
Making Gingerbread Man Cookies
1. Let’s start with the dough for the ginger and cinnamon Christmas cookies: in a container, or a mixer fitted with a blade, sift the flour and add all the powdered spices with the bicarbonate, sugar and salt.
2. Also add the honey and the very cold butter cut into chunks. 3. Mix everything quickly until you get a sandy mixture.
4. At this point, spill everything onto a clean cutting board or work surface and create the classic fountain. Pour in the egg and incorporate it first with a fork and then with your hands until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous dough (we recommend kneading quickly so that the butter does not melt). 5. Then form a ball and put it to rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour wrapped in film.
6. After the rest time, roll out the pasta col rolling pin (must reach 5 mm in height) and cut the biscuits with the molds to little man. 7. Once you have cut your Natele ginger biscuits, bake them in a preheated static oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes. They must be golden, but don’t get distracted: they burn in an instant!
How to decorate gingerbread Christmas men
1. Once baked, let them cool and if you wish, make one icing with sugar to “give them life” and decorate them as desired.
2. Take the egg white and start beating it with an electric whisk, gradually adding the icing sugar and a few drops of lemon juice. Keep mixing with the whisk until it reaches a creamy consistency without lumps. When will bellodensoput it in a pastry bag and decorate the gingerbread cookies.
3. You can create eyes e mouth, as tradition dictates, but also small details such as collars, bow ties, buttons and other nice decorations! And for an even more Christmas effect, use dyes food, so as to create even more beautiful syrups that will make your little men beautiful!
And there it is video recipe to make them at home from scratch, give them away or eat them with the family:
And if you enjoyed this ginger cookie recipe, then you must try all our Christmas cookies and all our Christmas sweets!
Sign up for the Primo Chef newsletter to find out about new recipes, advice and news. Before anyone else.